Thursday, April 03, 2008

memories...

It’s late now but I can't sleep. My stomach’s not too well so here I am. I was chatting with some friends and like most people; after catching up on latest news and gossips, we then reminiscence about ‘those days’.
~
Although life in Perth is great with my own family and friends, I can’t say I don’t miss KL. It’s a place where I was born and spent the entire 1st 20 years of my life. What do I miss about KL? My family for one! Though my family was never a close-knitted one nor we spend a lot of time together, I knew I could count on them any time, any day. Now that I’m in Perth, I do long for their presence quite a fair bit. Some may suggest that it could be my pregnancy/hormones playing up but I truly miss them much. Mom’s been a great support even she’s so far away and so are my other family members. As I mature, I realized how much my family and even my relatives love me. They may not say it out loud, but I know they do. *warm n fuzzy* Therefore friends, do appreciate your family while they are around.
~
Secondly, my friends! As I mentioned before, my family was never close to each other, so my friends were equally as important to me. Throughout my school life, I had great friends. There were just too many of them, always curi curi skip class and hang out in another class to chitchat. I had 2 best friends in CBN, Elaine and WenYih. I still remember those after-school-lunches we went on. KLCC la, Kenny Rogers la, er…many places la. We even went out together on the weekends! (as if 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, was not enough).
~
Then earlier in my college life, same thing too, but with different group of friends. Honourable mention to Janice, Ben, Bee and Iginn. It was fun. They were honest and I sincerely enjoyed their companionship so much. But it didn’t last as long as any of us would’ve wanted (I think). Priorities changed and we went our separate ways though we still keep in touch now.
~
Before I first came to Perth, I met 3 beautiful people that meant a lot in my life, Kevin, Jill and Weisim. We hung out almost everyday. Day and night. It’s like we were inseparable. The best thing was food with them. I really think we had such great time together was bcoz we were on food frenzy most the time when we’re together hence the high level of endorphins and oxytocins in our system. But anyhow, I do love them very much and they are till this day, my bestest friends *wink wink*
~
Then, in uni, I’ve met the most people in my life!! Come to think about it, I think I’ve met hundreds and I still keep in touch with about 50% of them. The thing I treasure most in uni is silly Wednesday Tavern nights, and my birthdays. For my 21st birthday, my great friend, Jill planned the best birthday bash I’ve ever had!! We celebrated for 4 days! What about that!
Thanks Jill :-*
~
And lastly, I miss the food in Malaysia!! Nothing beats the taste of foods that take you back to ‘those days’. While here in Perth, if you wanna eat anything Malaysian, you gotta cook it yourself. Not that they don’t have it here, it’s just that they don’t taste as good as back home. This situation has challenged me quite a bit for I never thought that I would be able to cook some dishes from scratch and without any recipe guidance, just out of my head. Still, there are a few other dishes I crave but have yet to try cooking like, chee cheong fun, pork noodles, lam mee (the one near pudu market), puffs and pastries, cuttlefish and kangkong rojak, indian mee, indian rojak, chendol, roti jala, ayam percik, lemang, gosh there are so many… looks like I gotta wait for another year before I can go back to enjoy these yummies. But good things happen to those who wait, eh?
~
There are just so many things that I miss about KL. There are also heaps of memories that I carry with me; happy or sad, pleasant or distasteful, they have helped me through my growing process and I do treasure them.
~
And I do treasure YOU!
~
P.S.: I may not include some names, but you know you are important to me (coz I always tell you on msn!)

5 comments:

Happy Eve said...

sad betul...didn't mention my name :(...now I know that I'm not important to you at all *sob sob*

stef said...

u'r using my trick there...
hey, u fit into d 'P.S.' category ma...

Anonymous said...

Hey May Lin! Haha.. I think not many ppl calls you that way huh? But well, I'm one of your "old" friends mah. Hope you and your baby are doing well. Wen Yih and I are still waiting for the day where 3 of us can hang out again. =P

Jonathan said...

Hei
How r u lately?

endless-scroll said...

haha... my name appear in 2 posts of urs. ;p
no offence to 'happy eve' =)